High CPU usage 100%

we have 4 cpu on 2003 VM,but still we are facing high cpu usage

98% cpu is utilizing , what is the solution, please help on this issue

0 Kudos
14 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Need  more information - What application is the VM running? I am assuming the 98% utilization is from the Windows Task manager - what utilization do you see from the VMware side? Are you experiencing slow performance of the application? From the VMware Performance metrics what is the Ready Time of the VM?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What applications is running?

What is the recommendation from the application vendor?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

The utilization seems to be about 85%.

On the second picture there is nothing relevant, why don't you sort by CPU instead?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i  did it,but same am getting,CPU is showing 0 in process

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What are the performance metrics are you seeing from the VMware side - can you post the performance views form the vSphere client for this VM and also ultimately are you seeing performance issues with the application you are running -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you check the box "Show processes from all users"?

// Linjo

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI,

Still am facing same  issue please help me on this .....

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

guys > could you check if you use:

- Paravirtual

- vmxnet3

i faced often such CPU Problems because of Big overheads Smiley Wink.

PS: is just an idea from now

thx

Max

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

am having Intel pro100

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

So its 2 instances of Microsoft Access being used by the user zz_automation that is consuming the CPU.

You need to investigate what the application are misbehaving, it might be that this is normal behavior.

// Linjo

0 Kudos