ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  Hide system folders in the Datastore Browser

Posted Feb 15, 2012 11:50 AM

Hi,

When I vew a datastore with the Datastore Browser I see two folders not related to the VM-s, it's .dvsData and .vSphere-HA. I have found that .dvsData is used for Distrbuted Switch (wich we have used earlier, but not anymore) and .vSphere-HA, as the name says is used by the HA functionality.

Are these folders only used in newer editions of ESX? I can't remember ever seing those before (we have ESXi5 now). And I see they starts with a dot, shouldn't they be hidden then? Is it a setting I can set to hide these folders?

• 2.  RE: Hide system folders in the Datastore Browser
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 01:38 PM

I don't think it is possible as it is not a linux. Datastore browser does not have many options to change.

• 3.  RE: Hide system folders in the Datastore Browser

Posted Feb 15, 2012 02:33 PM

atle2 wrote:

Hi,

When I vew a datastore with the Datastore Browser I see two folders not related to the VM-s, it's .dvsData and .vSphere-HA. I have found that .dvsData is used for Distrbuted Switch (wich we have used earlier, but not anymore) and .vSphere-HA, as the name says is used by the HA functionality.

Are these folders only used in newer editions of ESX? I can't remember ever seing those before (we have ESXi5 now). And I see they starts with a dot, shouldn't they be hidden then? Is it a setting I can set to hide these folders?

.dvsData is not new, and contains the dvSwitch data for VMs. If you are using distributed switches, you'll have these folders.

.vSphere-HA is new to vSphere 5 as HA now puts heartbeat files on the datastores in addition to heartbeating on the network.

I'm not sure if you can hide them, but they are not hidden as a default.