VMware Cloud Community
mikhil
Contributor
Contributor

Help !! Setup the whole VMware infrastructure

I have been gone through installation guide and everything related to vmware infrastructure from vmware.com .  I have two physical systems & I want to share their hardware ( memory, processor etc. ).

Please guide me or provide me a simple installation doc.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ScreamingSilenc

If you google it you can find many, here is one link which I found may help you.

CCNP Pro | A tech blog based on work by Michael Rickert

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
masudhussain
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, well, can you please share both of the servers hardware details and also confirm if you are ready move with any licensing cost involve for this infrastructure.

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc

One more thing please check your hardware is whether compatible with your vSphere version using the below link

VMware Compatibility Guide: System Search

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos
peetz
Leadership
Leadership

Hello and welcome to the forums!

If you have already read the official VMware documentation for installing vSphere and still don't have any clue on how to begin then I highly recommend taking a VMware training. See http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/index.cfm?ui=www&redirect=off

- Andreas

Twitter: @VFrontDe, @ESXiPatches | https://esxi-patches.v-front.de | https://vibsdepot.v-front.de
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
mikhil
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to ensure this thing for our application, So, I am using two Systems with 4 cores each and 4 Gb memory each.

If this is possible that application from one system can use hardware of other then it will be great benefit for us. So please if you can guide me to the end results.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What you are looking for is a compute-cluster. vSphere however is more like a failover cluster, where each VM can only consume the resources of the host it currently runs on.

André

mikhil
Contributor
Contributor

I got you, So I have one similar query i.e.How two virtual machines from different physical systems are able to share their memory and storage.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In order to do something like this, a guest OS (or a cluster application) capable of intelligently splitting and distributing tasks - rather than sharing memory or disk space - across all nodes (VMs) is required.

André

0 Kudos
mikhil
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please guide me through all the processes. We have an application which will store data in database, database size will be increasing day by day. Server might get slow after a period of time.  So I need to present a demo that how vmware is useful for us in a long run.

Thank you

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm afraid I can't help you much in this case. What you are looking for is not VMware related, but more application and/or database related, so IMO you should rather talk to the application/database provider to find out about available scaling options.

André

0 Kudos