VMware Cloud Community
morfidisparis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello is there any posibillitty to have esxi 6 free license. when i try it redirect to esxi 7

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think you can now, since 6.x is no longer supported as a product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
morfidisparis
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

0 Kudos
Gill3s
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have already registered ESXi in the past. Due to a broken USB drive with ESXi 6.0 U3 HP edition for GEN8, i performed a new one but the ESXi equal new licence . How i can registering the 'new' ESXi or how i can retrieve the old license for the  'new' ESXi?

0 Kudos
HB24
Contributor
Contributor

So there isn't a way to license a "lab" esxi 6.7 running on hardware that 7 doesn't support?  That seems odd.  

0 Kudos
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Due to the EOL of ESXi 6 I assume there is no options at all to receive license

0 Kudos
WiraSoenaryo
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here.. I have sever running 6.7 and due some reason I have to reinstall that. Now I can not obtain the license I have on VMWare website.. 😞  can an old hardware running version 7 without problem?

0 Kudos
ginopillo
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Dell Poweredge T320 and the maximum supported system is 6.5 (downloaded custom from the dell site).
Installing the custom iso it tells me it will expire in 60 days but it is not possible to install a more recent version. How can I get a free serial? I only need it to study and learn how to use it (to put it on my curriculum) and I can't buy it.
0 Kudos