VMware Cloud Community
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hard Drives not showing up after vm created on web client

I'm running esxi 5.5 with the web client and vsphere. When creating a vm through the web client hard disks are not showing up. I go through the process and hit finish and everything checks out fine no errors, but when I go to edit virtual machine no hard drives are showing. Now if I create the vm through the vsphere client it all works. I have tried in the web client creating v10 and below vm's and still same result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just resolved the issue. I went ahead and reset the services and it is working now. The weird part about this is that the hard drives or specific devices weren't created and there where no errors at all. I guess that the constant swapping between vsphere and the web client cause something in the background

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Pradeepadapa43
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is the vcenter management web services service running on the vcenter? could you post a screenshot where you don't see the harddrives when trying to add  using the web client?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Pradeep Adapa
0 Kudos
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes everything is running. Here is a screenshot before hitting finish on the config test vm in web client and another after editing the vm  I can even go ahead and add a new hd device there or anything and according to the tasks it goes through the process and finishes , but when viewing vm after is not therevm2.JPG

vm3.JPG

0 Kudos
Pradeepadapa43
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Interesting !!, never happened to me. maybe we can try some rudimentry troubleshooting steps to see if we can find the cause of this.

before I say anything. may I know what are the troubleshooting steps you have performed? so that I don't repeat the ones which you have already completed.

Pradeep Adapa
0 Kudos
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I do not have the issue through the vsphere client. I thought that maybe it was related to being a version 10 vm , so I decided to create a previous vm version through the web client and still same results. I have checked the logs and everything seems fine. No idea where to go to other than wait for the essentials license to show up and call tech support

0 Kudos
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anybody that can help out with this issue ?

0 Kudos
warring
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

have you checked out the web client logs?

VCP510-DCV
0 Kudos
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I have checked the logs and see no errors at all

0 Kudos
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just resolved the issue. I went ahead and reset the services and it is working now. The weird part about this is that the hard drives or specific devices weren't created and there where no errors at all. I guess that the constant swapping between vsphere and the web client cause something in the background

0 Kudos