VMware Cloud Community
AlekseyDD
Contributor
Contributor

HP Management Agents & vCenter Server

Good day! Please tell - if i install HP Management Agents to ESX 4.1 servers, I been able to see additional hardware information, in vCenter Server? Now we use ESXi with HP Offline Bundle and cans see much sensors in vCenter. Some developers need ESX but I must monitoring hardware.Management Agents can integrate with vCenter like Offline Bundle?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the communities.

The HP agents for ESX should provide feedback to vCenter. If there is a difference in the amount of feedback between ESX and ESXi I would check to make sure the HP firmware for the ESX hosts is up to date especially the ILO firmware. There can be great differences in the feedback that is available in different versions of the hardware. A DL380 G5 will not display as much information as a DL380 G7.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
AlekseyDD
Contributor
Contributor

Thank for answer! I scared by documentation to Management Agents. Smiley Happy Wroted that by default Agents iteract with HP Insight Management. Can i use only vCenter without SIM? Or agents can only send SNMP messages?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The HP agents should provide hardware feedback to vCenter without the need to have HP SIM.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
AlekseyDD
Contributor
Contributor

I install HP Management Agents with default settings to my test ESX 4.1 server (HP BL460) but nothing changed. When i open Hardware Status tab i can`t see any difference/ What i do wrong?

0 Kudos