VMware Cloud Community
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP LeftHand P4000 Virtual SAN Software (VSA) considerations

We are in the process of installing HP LeftHand P4000 Virtual SAN Software (VSA) on 2 ESX hosts.

Any recommendations if I need to do custom/advanced partitioning on ESX?

if yes, please provide your input and sizes for customization...

thanks

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
2 Replies
J_Wood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I evaluated the VSA in our lab a few months back. I did not have any issue with it and in fact the install was simple and straight forward. As far as partitioning, I used an external SCSI drive shelf connected to one of the ESX hosts so I did nothing special with the boot volumes for ESX. I presented the external storage as one large partition to the ESX host then connected that partition as an RDM to the VSA. The VSA could then be used to manage the 'chunk' as necessary. I built a few domain controllers and the lab vCenter server on that storage controller. I would have continued used it but the 30 day eval ran out as did my budget (State Agency). Overall I was happy with the limited testing I could do with the solution.

JAMES WOOD | SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR | ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Phoenix, Arizona

James Wood, VCP
Senior Systems Administrator | Arizona Department of Transportation | Phoenix, Arizona
0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe I could ask a different way... When does Administrator wants to do custom partitioning of the ESX?

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos