VMware Cloud Community
TopHatProductio
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HP IO Accelerator in ESXi 6.5

This is something that I never thought I'd get my hands on, due to the way the used market is right now. But, since I have the device in-hand, I'll be better off learning about how to use it 🙂 I recently picked up an HPE PCIe ioDuo MLC I/O Accelerator (641255-001), and would like to know if this device can be used for Virtual Flash. If not, how should I go about utilising this accelerator in ESXi 6.5 U3? I'm open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@TopHatProductio 

Not showing on the HCL: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=io&details=1&partner=515&re...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
TopHatProductio
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No wonder I wasn't able to find any compatibility info about this device. This entry looked close:

But, that could be a variant from a different vendor/OEM. I guess I'll be the beta tester, to see what it can do...

0 Kudos