VMware Cloud Community
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP DL380p G8 with error related to memory

Hello all,

when i checked my hardware configuration on DL 380p G8, I saw the following message:

system board 8 memory: uncorrectable ECC- Deassert.

this message appeared on my five new serves, any ideas about this message? Vmware patches?....

Taou

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

This is just the description for the item/sensor. Nothing to worry as long as the status shows "Normal"

André

taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello André,

thanks for the replay, but how we change the status of the sensor. is there any reset? patches? firmware?

waiting for your replay.

taou

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The status will change if there's an issue with the host (e.g. from Normal to Alert). The test/description however will remain the same as it just describes the item/sensor. As long as everything is green, there's nothing to do.

André

0 Kudos
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

But there is no way to change this message, Why Vmware didn't fix this issue with a patch?

thanks in advance.

taou

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

This is no error message, it's just the description for a failure that could occur. Look at it as you look e.g. at the oil light on your car's dashboard, as long as it doesn't light up there's nothing wrong.

André

0 Kudos
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

If you've got 32GB dimms in that system, you want to look for the updated firmware if you haven't already done so.   We can't afford the 32GB dimms but they've got some known issues.

We've got nearly 30 Gen8 blades and haven't seen the error you're seeing - lots of other issues but not this one.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos
LuigiC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That image doesn't show any "Uncorrectable ECC" alerts. if it did then I'd call HP Hardware support as it is indicative of a memory or bios issue.

0 Kudos
onoski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes you're correct if there is a hardware issue and the system is still under warranty then calling HP support would be your best option. On the other hand looking at the information you presented via jpeg there isn't any issues there.

0 Kudos