VMware Cloud Community
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HP DL380p G8 with ESX 4.0 and 5.0 error during installation

Hello,

i need please your help to the following issue.

i want to install ESX 4.0 or ESX 5.0 on HP DL380p Gen8, during the installation of ESX i received the following error:

the script 32.networking-drivers failed to execute and the installation cannot continue

what can be the problem? is it the driver problem if yes how can we add the driver to ESX during the installation.

your prompt replay is very appreciated.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

By default PowerShell restricts the execution of unsigned scripts. To allow them to run, you need to set the ExecutionPolicy appropriately. Depending on your system configuration, you may have to do this with starting PowerCLI using "Run as Administrator" see Set the Properties to Support Remote Signing

For details about how to use Image Builder please read Using vSphere ESXi Image Builder CLI. There are also a lot of exapmles available when you search the Internet.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For the gen8 models you need to either create your own customized installation CD/ISO or use the customized HP ESXi 5.0 installation CD/ISO which contains the necessary drivers.

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

... btw. you can find an excellent overview of HP related links at http://v-front.blogspot.de/p/hp-vmware-links.html

André

0 Kudos
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for your replay, how can we perform this task.

BR,

Bitou

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To build your own installation image for ESXi 5.0 you can use VMware's ImageBuilder. Take a look at http://v-front.blogspot.de/2012/08/how-to-simplify-and-automate-vmware.html which provides a PowerCLI script to do this.

André

0 Kudos
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

i received the following message when i launched the Vmware Vsphere powerCLI

File C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Init
ialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of script
s is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more deta
ils.
At line:1 char:2
+ . <<<<  "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Script
s\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1"
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], PSSecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException

how can i add the drive to my existing iso file, please send me this procedure to perform this action(steps by stpes if possible).

thanks in advacne.

Bitou

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

By default PowerShell restricts the execution of unsigned scripts. To allow them to run, you need to set the ExecutionPolicy appropriately. Depending on your system configuration, you may have to do this with starting PowerCLI using "Run as Administrator" see Set the Properties to Support Remote Signing

For details about how to use Image Builder please read Using vSphere ESXi Image Builder CLI. There are also a lot of exapmles available when you search the Internet.

André

0 Kudos
EdWilts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can use the one from HP that was mentioned but it's only for 5.0 and up.  You can not run ESX 4.0 on a Gen8 - the processors aren't supported.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos