VMware Cloud Community
GaelV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP DL360 G9 restarts while loading ESXi iso

Hello ,

I'm having an unknown issue while performing an upgrade of ESXi 5.5 U3 on a HP DL360 G9

There is an ESXi 5.1 U3 already installed and i'm trying to upgrade it to 5.5 U3. The HP DL360 G9 has been patched with Service Pack ProLiant of April 2017 and also July 2017 to compare if there was any difference while loading ESXi installer.

The Loading ESXi Installer screen loads until the end then the server restart by itself without any error code :

pastedImage_0.png

I tried with other ESXi ISO (5.5 U3 october, and december 2016...) , also BIOS default resetting but the problem still occurs.

Do some of you have any advices ?

Best regards,

Gael

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you able to try a 6.x version of ESXi?  Not sure this would make a difference, though would like to rule it out.

0 Kudos
GaelV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i've tried a 6.0 version and it works (loading is ok, no reboot) but the infrastructure has to be in 5.5 U3b for now, 6.0 is planned for next or two years

It's really weird cause I used the 5.5 U3b on 8x DL360G9 , no problem occurs but since september it happened..

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you able to try a esxi 5.5 u3b version of ESXi?

0 Kudos
GaelV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried these 3 versions :

pastedImage_0.png

The only one who currently be loaded is the last one (no-custom)... the 2 on top cause the server reboot while loading.

I've checked the md5sum for the 3 iso and it's ok so it doesn't seems to be a file issue.

0 Kudos
AnikSwamin
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem installing HPE customized ESXi 5.5 U3 iso on BL460c Gen9. As a workaround, I tired ESXi 5.1 HPE image on the same hardware which got installed successfully.

0 Kudos