VMware Cloud Community
Stingrey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HP DL360 G6 "Non-Compliant" with ESXi 5.1

Hi,

I've two DL360 G6 running with ESXi 5.0U1 and wanted to upgrade them to 5.1.

I've downloaded die HP-ESXi-5.1.0-standard-iso and added it to Update Manager, but when I check for an upgrade I get the error that the servers are "Non-Compliant".

From the VMware Compatibility Guide the DL360 G6 should be supported for ESXi 5.1.

Is there any way to find out why it's Non-Compliant?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If I'm not mistaken, UM usually produce "Non-Compliant" error/alert if ONLY your hosts(ESXi 5.0) are not match with your intended baseline (ESXi 5.1) when you attach it to the hosts. However, once you patch the host with this baseline, it should change it to compliant.

"Incompatible" should be the one to worry about.   

http://www.no-x.org

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If I'm not mistaken, UM usually produce "Non-Compliant" error/alert if ONLY your hosts(ESXi 5.0) are not match with your intended baseline (ESXi 5.1) when you attach it to the hosts. However, once you patch the host with this baseline, it should change it to compliant.

"Incompatible" should be the one to worry about.   

http://www.no-x.org
0 Kudos
Phoenycks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Non-Compliant can also meant that a 3rd party application has a hook into the kernel, like Veem backups or some other software like that. Generally you can disregard the error, and during the upgrade, check the box to remove 3rd party software.

After the update, you'll need to reconfigure whatever software had the hook (backups or whatever) so everything again works - you may need some software updates.

I believe there's a way to see exactly what software mayb be incompatible in the Event logs, but I'm not positive...

Jes

0 Kudos