VMware Cloud Community
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP BL490c for ESXi 6.0 - not on HCL

I am currently in discussions with HP as to why their "virtualisation blade" BL490c G7 is not supported for ESXi 6.0 but they have happily certified the BL460c G7 hardware for ESXi 6.0

Does anyone know how HP / VMware decide on such certification. the hardware is only 3 years old in our case

I understand that G6 hardware is dropped from ESXi 6.0 support and thats fine but to certify some of the G7 range and not others makes no sense whatsoever

any comments / suggestions welcome

Tags (2)
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'd suggest you contact your hardware reseller or an HP representative. They should be able to find this out for you.

André

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

we have done that, just trying to see if there is anyone else in the same boat and if anyone on the VMware or community side had any experience

0 Kudos
TanyaVM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone had any issues with ESXi 6.0 installed on the BL490c G7?  I just installed it and I'm just monitoring for any issues, but wanted to get feedback from others.  It just doesn't make sense for other G7 servers to be on the HCL, but no the BL490c G7.

0 Kudos
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have been running it for a while, but because the blade is not in the HCL list, have not being running critical production workload - test env, what I have notice is that the vm's would freeze (time varies could be a month without issues or 3 and I had to hard reboot the server to fix the issue (machines could not be turn off, become unresponsive (happened to all blades at random times).  so I would be worried to put production workload on them, this was with 6.0, 6U1 introduce other issues.

was also surprised they were not HCL, I can understand G6, but G7 😕

Sam