VMware Cloud Community
rvadde
Contributor
Contributor

HBA Details Serial Numbers

Greetings,

We have a complex VMware Environment with several vCenter Servers and around thousand ESXi Hosts. For validating physical mutli paths between the Storage and the Server, we would like to get the HBA Details on each host. The details should also include the HBA Serial Number, so that we can determine if the connections to the Storage are going over one physical HBA or multiple physical HBAs. I came across a couple of scripts and dig through the scripts, but unfortunately the files under /proc/scsi are not displaying the HBA Serial Numbers. Is there any other way we can identfy HBA Serial Numbers on the ESXi Hosts?

Other question is related to Cisco UCS - It looks like there are no files under /proc/scsi on Cisco UCS Hosts to show the HBA Details. Can any one point me to the location where Cisco UCS keeps track of the HBA attributes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Not sure in UCS. But can you goto location in ESXI:  cd /proc/scsi/ and based on vendor name check if there is any directory

0 Kudos
TedH256
Expert
Expert

rvadde wrote:

Other question is related to Cisco UCS - It looks like there are no files under /proc/scsi on Cisco UCS Hosts to show the HBA Details. Can any one point me to the location where Cisco UCS keeps track of the HBA attributes?

Thanks

in the UCS manager ....

0 Kudos