VMware Cloud Community
lmeier
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HA issue adding a new SC

Hi,

I have 2 ESX hosts that are currently in HA a cluster.

Host1 SC 172.16.254.10/24

Host2 SC 172.16.254.20/24

g/w 172.16.254.254

I have added a new NIC to both hosts for a new SC for Vreplicator.

Host1 SC2 10.0.0.251/24

Host2 SC2 10.0.0.252/24

g/w 10.0.0.254

I created the new SC on Host2 first and Vmotioned all vm's when I completed to shut down Host1 and installed card and rebooted but failed goin back into HA:-

◦Cannot complete the configuration of the HA agent on the host. See the task details for additional information.

◦Misconfiguration in the host network setup

I did all this with regards to the KB:-

1.Right-click the cluster, then click Edit Settings.

2.Deselect Turn on VMware HA.

3.Wait for all the hosts in the cluster to unconfigure HA.

4.Right-click the cluster, and choose Edit Settings.

5.Select Turn on Vmware HA, then select VMware HA from the left pane.

6.Select Advanced options.

7.Add the option das.bypassNetCompatCheck with the value True.

8.Click OK on the Advanced Options screen, then click OK again to accept the cluster setting changes.

9.Wait for all the ESX hosts in the cluster to reconfigure for HA.

This still didn't work.

So I removed the new SC on both HOST machines and reconfigured HA and this worked ok except is now get this on both hosts:-

Could not reach isolation address: none specified" with yellow warning. I checked the KB but I not sure how to configure the isolation address.

Also adding the new SC would this generate the original error?

Many thanks for your help

Lee

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rich123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I seem to recall trying to add a second service console on a different network and having issues, then finding something that said there could only be one gateway address for a service console--so a second one would need an IP address on the same network so the gateway is the same. Since your second service console used a gateway on a different network, that likely did cause your initial error.

Your gateway may have picked up the new gateway or been erased. Check the Service Console default gateway on the host via the Networking section of the Configuration tab for the host.

You can take a look here and see if this thread helps:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/110818

Rich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi Lee,

You can have a look at the following kb on how to troubleshoot HA.

Good luck.

Regards

Franck

Rich123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I seem to recall trying to add a second service console on a different network and having issues, then finding something that said there could only be one gateway address for a service console--so a second one would need an IP address on the same network so the gateway is the same. Since your second service console used a gateway on a different network, that likely did cause your initial error.

Your gateway may have picked up the new gateway or been erased. Check the Service Console default gateway on the host via the Networking section of the Configuration tab for the host.

You can take a look here and see if this thread helps:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/110818

Rich

0 Kudos
lmeier
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Franck/Rich,

Yes it was the default gateway that had changed.

Thanks for your help.

It works fine now Smiley Happy

Cheers

Lee

0 Kudos