VMware Cloud Community
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HA event for a VM with an internal vSwitch

Quick question folks, I dont have a lab to test this on - I have a Citrix CloudBridge VM that will run on a vSwitch with uplinks and another vSwitch with no uplinks (internal vSwitch). This is a common network configuration to deploy the network virtual appliance in bridged mode between two vSwitches. One vSwitch connected to the physical network through physical NICs, the other vSwitch internal-only to the workload virtual machines in order to be inline with the workload traffic. So my question is this-

Will this VM restart on a different host AND work properly as before in case the host it's on fails? (I will create a similar vSwitch with a portgroup with the same name as on the failed host.)

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just so everyone knows - I tested it and it does indeed continue to work. Thanks for reading.

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos