VMware Cloud Community
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HA Failover Alarms

We had an issue in our 5.0 vCenter where HA did not appear to be functioning correctly. There were a large majority of VM's with HA alarms stating the VM could not failover. When I viewed the HA Cluster Status, it showed 4 hosts in initialization status and 1 connected to the master. All VM's were showing as protected. As part of troubleshooting, I cleared all of the VM alarms, and then reconfigured HA on the master. Once completed, the Cluster status showed the 5 hosts now connected to the master. However the VM's again returned with the same alarms.

The logs indicate that HA unsuccessfully failed over the VM, stating that the operation is not allowed in the current state. I did find this KB, which does seem to answer my question about manually reconfiguring HA. Is this the same reason why VM's on hosts other than the master showed the same alarms? And these are obviously false-positive alarms correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We had a separate issue with HA, and opened a support request with VMware. I brought this up, and they did confirm that these are false-positives that can be safely ignored. Posting this just in case someone comes across it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We had a separate issue with HA, and opened a support request with VMware. I brought this up, and they did confirm that these are false-positives that can be safely ignored. Posting this just in case someone comes across it.

0 Kudos