johnw230873
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Going to be sitting VCP5-dcv and while I'm doing practice questions I have one I don't understand

So last year I did a 5.5 class so I need to get 5.5 cert before I can go for 6, hence why I'm doing the 5 exam, to help I have bough MeasureUp test questions and this one has me confused

Capture.JPG

I picked the option with the blue tick but the correct option is the green box, I don't understand why you wouldn't put the host in Maintenance mode first as while you are vMotioning the servers depending on the time others could vMotion back to the server? most likely you wouldn't need to migrate unless HA is complaining or manual DRS.

What would you guys answer?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Personally I think both answers are badly worded. If the host is in a DRS cluster (which it is), the correct answer in my mind should simply be to place the host into maintenance mode which, because DRS is enabled, will vMotion the machines automatically (where possible) to other hosts in the cluster, and then the host could be removed. As you say, the only time manual intervention may be required is if a VM has an ISO attached, or has a DRS override and set to manual, etc.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos