VMware Cloud Community
bcrespo123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Getting purple screen attempting to install ESXi 5.0

I am attempting to install ESXi 5.0, but getting purple screen "no place on disk for dump data" Debugger waiting (world 2048) no port for remote debugger"  I think I know what it mean and have attempted to review Global Knowledge for history and/or recommendations.

Thank you for your response in advance

bc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It looks like you might have the same issue as described in this thread - http://communities.vmware.com/message/2200195#2200195.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the VMware Communities forums.

Could you post a screenshot of the screen and describe the hardware you're using?

0 Kudos
bcrespo123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I will send send a screen shoot as soon as I  am able to upload screen shoot.

Thank you

Bernardo

0 Kudos
bcrespo123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dave,

Per my earlier email, I was attempting to boot the ESXi 5.0 ISO Installer,  from my Super Drive attached to the new MAC Mini. I have attched a snapshoot of the of ESXi results after installation. In rthe event yoy are not able to read the bottom of the screen, please let me and I will take another snapshoot. Any input is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Bernardo

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It looks like you might have the same issue as described in this thread - http://communities.vmware.com/message/2200195#2200195.

0 Kudos
bcrespo123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dave,

I read the thread, and I must say and thank you for it reads like what I have to do. I will edit and add the "iovDisableIR=True" and give you and update.

Thank you!

Bernardo

0 Kudos
bcrespo123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dave,

I was able to load the ESXi succesfully after thge edit modifications. This is my first MAC, and will be adding additional MAC's in my Cisco UC9.x VoIP Lab Built Out. I appreciate your support and quick response.

Thank you,

Bernardo

0 Kudos