VMware Cloud Community
bowtie_david
Contributor
Contributor

Getting a license for ESXi 6.7

Is it possible to still get a license for ESXi 6.7? I have one for 7.0 but no go... I installed 6.7 some months ago and swear I had a key, but it shows to not have one. The machine sat dormant for some time, but I've since put it to use, and have a VM on it that I'd like to keep. 7.0 is not compatible with this server (Lenovo RD430) as far as I can tell, so I'm at a bit of a loss here. Being how recent 6.7 is, I would expect there to be a way to get a key, but the site keeps pushing me to 7.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bowtie_david
Contributor
Contributor

I never could get there from the vmware site, but through a google search found the following link, which got me to the key I knew I had but somehow couldn't get to the right page:

https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6

Posting in hopes that it helps the next person...

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
In the link you indicate enter the user and password with which you obtained the free license previously should show you something like this

e_espinel_0-1619388033549.png

If you don't remember the previous user and password, you can register another user and password, go back to the link and register for the free version and you will be awarded a license.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
franktorres
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a new link to get the ESXi 6 license?  All the links I see redirect me to ESXi 7, and I can only run 6.5.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

No, because 6 is out of support.

0 Kudos