VMware Cloud Community
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Getting Alert

Hi,

After upgrading Veeam backup from 9 >9.5 start getting production datastore getting low alerts even thought we have about 45GB free space. prior to upgrade had 42GB. Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You will need to provide more information, i.e. the datastore size, thresholds, ...

André

PS: Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. I've removed the other one.

0 Kudos
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Datastore size 1.36TB >  45.21GB free and threshold to 15%.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

With an threshold of 15%, an alarm should already be displayed if the free disk space goes below ~200GB.

André

0 Kudos
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok i'll change the %.

Also setting up alerts in vCenter 6.5 web client is there pacific alerts we should receive/enable and send a notification trap OR email notification?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

With only ~42 GB free it might also be a good idea to consider increasing the storage space, or migrating some VMs to other datastores.

Veeam - like other backup applications - creates snapshots for its backups, and in case one of them cannot be deleted, you may be in trouble if the datastore runs out of disk space!

You should at least enable notification for the Datsatore usage alarm.

André

0 Kudos
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how can i migrate VMs from one datastore to another datastore on same single host?

0 Kudos
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
VM_Expert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what would you suggest to have backup/DR for single host running 6 VMs.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

what would you suggest to have backup/DR for single host running 6 VMs.

Not sure what you are asking for. In your initial post, you mentioned that you have Veeam backup in place.

André

0 Kudos