VMware Cloud Community
amircsco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get CPUID of My ESXi Standalone Server

Hi

I need a command or script for ESXi to get all of the CPUIDs related to my Server's CPUs.

could anybody help me please???

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This KB applies also for 5.x releases

vim-cmd hostsvc/hosthardware works for me on 5.1 release ....

same for VMware's CPUID ISO at the end of the article.

You can also use esxcli to retrieve CPUID info  esxcli hardware cpu cpuid get or  esxcli hardware cpu global get

I am sure some command exist for PowerCLI but cannot tell you right now...

Lastly you can also grab some CPU info from inside the guest OS with this tools:

http://www.cpuid.com/

Intel Processor Identification Utility — Intel Processor Identification Utility download f...

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

check this:

VMware KB: Checking cpuinfo information on an ESXi host

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
amircsco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you vNEX

i have seen it before

is there any Similar Command for Higher Version of ESXi?

for example for version 5.1 or 5.5

0 Kudos
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This KB applies also for 5.x releases

vim-cmd hostsvc/hosthardware works for me on 5.1 release ....

same for VMware's CPUID ISO at the end of the article.

You can also use esxcli to retrieve CPUID info  esxcli hardware cpu cpuid get or  esxcli hardware cpu global get

I am sure some command exist for PowerCLI but cannot tell you right now...

Lastly you can also grab some CPU info from inside the guest OS with this tools:

http://www.cpuid.com/

Intel Processor Identification Utility — Intel Processor Identification Utility download f...