VMware Cloud Community
joeseppi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fresh install of 6.5 does not seem to be latest version

An earlier post on this subject has not appeared, so I will rephrase it.  For some reason a blurb appeared that it needed approval before posting.  That was a first, on this forum.

I installed ESXi 6.5 (u3, I thought) and copied files from a 5.1 host.  Seems to work, but there are some web admin issues. 

Looking into that it appears that one package, in particular - esx-ui - is far earlier than what I viewed in a video on how to fix a certain issue with that package.

Seems odd that should be the case.   I cannot find that package as a "patch" so have downloaded from vmware.com an ISO that is the latest (?) iteration of 6.5.0.   Burned that and plan to attempt to reinstall it.   Should be able to do that without issue, one hopes, as when I created this new host, I installed a smaller drive to install VMWare to, with other storage for actual vm's.  Which hopefully will remain intact and simply need to be re-registered.

Briefly considered attempting to continue patch hunting, but quickly realized it was virtually (ahem) futile.

Thoughts?  Direction?  Experiences?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joeseppi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Of course it does not seem to be the latest version.  Because it was not.   Reinstall of latest downloaded ISO seems to have resolved the issues I was complaining of.

Sigh.  All is forgiven.  Well, for my part anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
joeseppi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Of course it does not seem to be the latest version.  Because it was not.   Reinstall of latest downloaded ISO seems to have resolved the issues I was complaining of.

Sigh.  All is forgiven.  Well, for my part anyway.

0 Kudos