VMware Cloud Community
kozikr
Contributor
Contributor

FreeNAS and iSCSI issue. Path but no device.

Hi,

I've created a FreeNAS iSCSi mirrored storage for my ESXi host, following this tutorial Step by Step Configuration FreeNAS 8.3.1 as iSCSI Target External Storage by Nathan Gusti Ryan - You... but unfortunately I can see the path in ESXI configuration but not the actual device. Can you tell me what the problem might be? I have exactly the same configuration on another server DL360 and it is working properly but it doesn't have Intel network cards. The new one's got them and I've been thinking if that might be the problem. Can you help me out?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nathangustiryan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kozikr,

If you or other colleagues who are still having problems with the NAS and vSphere, please contact me via email. I'll help you via remote with TeamViewer.

My Email : nathan.gusti.ryan@gmail.com

Nathan

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh

1) in freenas make sure you have given right iP in initiator.  even you can give as "ALL" 2) check the storage filtering in your hosts.

0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander

If you rescan vmhba, what messages coming in /var/log/vmkernel?

-A

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
wgknowles
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem, turned out to be an iqn base name collision.  Rename the base name under "target global config" in freenas iscsi, resacn the iSCSI HBA and you should be good to proceed with datastore configuration.

0 Kudos
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos