VMware Cloud Community
pjlandry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Find read/write ratios for each VM???

Hello Learned Peers!

Our primary SAN is optimized, as most are, for 70/30 read/write.  I know I've got a few workloads that look more like 10/90.  There are other that are closer to 30/70 and 50/50...  So, I'm trying to identify the various SAN workload ratios for my VMs..  Then I can size a proper write optimized storage solution for those specific VMs. 

Bearing in mind that there are between 10-20 VM's per volume, looking at the SAN or the actual datastore wouldn't help much. -- I guess I could create a new volume, and move the VM's to it one at a time and see what those stats look like... but that sounds like a big pain.

I'm not asking how to setup tiering, I don't have anything to tier with yet!   Smiley Happy

Details:   5 hosts cluster/ ESXi 5.5 / vCSA 5.5 / Equallogic PS6500ES SAN over 1GB iSCSI

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

take a look to this:

Get the maximum IOPS - LucD notes

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

take a look to this:

Get the maximum IOPS - LucD notes

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos