VMware Cloud Community
EGiblock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

File Share between Windows and VMFS SAN

Hello,

I just started setting up VMware and have no previous experience with it, so it's been fun.

I have VMware ESX4 and vSphere running 2 hosts with clustering, ha, and FC connections to a SAN.

Host1

Host2

are both connected to a 600gb LUN (vmfs) where I have p2v'd 2 guest servers for testing.

Everything is working great, but I want to know now how can I get ISO files that I have on our domain (windows), and I want to get them onto the 600gb LUN in their own directory so I can then load new OS machines to the host's.

1) How can I do this ?

1.1) Can I take the vCenter machine we have and connect that to the LUN (running Windows Server 2008) ?

1.2) Can the vCenter Server running Windows read the VMFS? or does something have to be added to the machine.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yattong
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hey,

If you right click a datastore, you be able to see 2 icons allowing you to upload files and download files.

You could if you wanted to, use a tool to do the copying like winscp or Fastscp

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

~y

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yattong
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hey,

If you right click a datastore, you be able to see 2 icons allowing you to upload files and download files.

You could if you wanted to, use a tool to do the copying like winscp or Fastscp

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

~y

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
EGiblock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

perfect. it was right there in front of me the whole time.

thanks !

0 Kudos