VMware Cloud Community
siddjayy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fault Tolerance for more than 4vCPU?

Hi Folks,

I have tested fault tolerance for 4 vCPUs and it's works perfectly fine.Right now I am using the evaluation license.

My question is, if we purchase the licenses then will the 4 vCPUs limitation be removed or can we purchase two or more licenses to support more vCPUs? So far what I have read FT is supported upto only 4 vCPUs and 64GB RAM.

So let's say I have a VM of 20 vCPUs and 128GB RAM, then there's no way I can have FT for that,right? If not, what is an alternative to have FT like feature?Can Site Recovery Manager be used to fulfill FT needs?

Thanks,

Siddhesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then FT is not an option for you. HA will protect against host failure, and you should have some sort of DR strategy that involves replicating that VM to another set of infrastructure or site.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

4 vCPUs is the max. There's really no FT replacement. It depends what your requirements are for the workload you have. What are you trying to accomplish here and what are the requirements?

siddjayy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Daphnissov,

Thanks for the prompt reply. We are trying to run a VM that hosts SAP Applications and the usual configurations for them are 32+GB RAM and 12+ vCPUs, so what would you suggest in this case so as to have a very less downtime and good redundancy or recovery?

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then FT is not an option for you. HA will protect against host failure, and you should have some sort of DR strategy that involves replicating that VM to another set of infrastructure or site.