VMware Cloud Community
Myky1
Contributor
Contributor

Fault Tolerance Version Error: No Version

Hi All,

Guys do you know why do l see the above error. Snip attached. On 6.0 no such error:

Thanks,

Myky

7 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello,

What license version is in use on these hosts?

If using  vSphere Essentials or vSphere Essentials Plus, these do not support FT features.

pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-60/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.avail.doc%2FGUID-57929CF0-DA9B-407A-BF2E-E7B72708D825.html

Bob

-o- If you found this comment useful please click the 'Helpful' button and/or select as 'Answer' if you consider it so, please ask follow-up questions if you have any -o-

Myky1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks. Both hosts are running with the free licences:

Myky

0 Kudos
Myky1
Contributor
Contributor

HI TheBobkin

Me again. Just to be clear. 4xESXi hosts. All have the same (1 licence key) shared between and it is a free licence.

2 hosts running 6.0 and do not have that error. After l have updated 2 other to the 6.5 and started receiving an error as per my attached snip. Any ideas?

Regards,

Mykhaylo

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Mykhaylo,

Okay that may be a different story so.

When you say 'free' license, are you referring to ESXi Free version or Evaluation license?

(ESXi Free has very limited features, Evaluation version lasts 60 days and has full features the same as Enterprise Plus).

Attach a screenshot or even just take a look yourself at the available features on each of the hosts via the Web Client

Select a Host > Configure > System > Licensing > look at the 'Licensed Features', do you see 'vSphere FT' on either the 6.0 or 6.5 hosts?

Bob

-o- If you found this comment useful please click the 'Helpful' button and/or select as 'Answer' if you consider it so, please ask follow-up questions if you have any -o-

0 Kudos
Myky1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Bob,

Sorry to be a pain. So you get a free (not eval) licenses when downloading the image I believe.

Attaching snips from my 6.0 ESXi host with free licences installed and without the error message.

Regards,

Mykhaylo

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try to switch the license to Evaluation mode if the installation was done in 60 days.

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Mykhaylo,

No problem at all.

Can you attach screenshot of this screen from each of the hosts?

Select a Host > Configure > System > Licensing > look at the 'Licensed Features'

Bob

0 Kudos