VMware Cloud Community
vakho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to grow checkpoint file (No space left on device)

Hello,

I'm using HP Proliat 380DL G5.  8 GB (RAM) 61 GB space

(RAID0+1) second HDD was failed so it's working on one HDD at this moment..

After 20-25 mins i can't ping my VM OS which is Windows 7 (Activated) .. and in events i can see this error..
Failed to grow checkpoint file to 5.3 GB: 28 (No space left on device).

Event Details:
Type: error
Description: Error message on WINDOWS-PRTG on localhost.localdomain in ha-datacenter: Failed to grow checkpoint file to 5.3 GB: No space left on device.
Time: 12/9/2015 10:05:31 AM
Error Stack:
Failed to grow checkpoint file to 5.3 GB: 28 (No space left on device).
Failed to prepare file "/vmfs/volumes/56653def-ccd90fc3-0a42-001b783701ae/WINDOWS-PRTG/./WINDOWS-PRTG-f1e094f5.vmem": 28 (No space left on device).
An error occurred while saving: 28 (No space left on device).
Failed to suspend the virtual machine: msg.suspend.error.SUSPEND_E_NOSPACE.
Additional Event Details:
Type ID: Error
Host Build: 3029758
Target Object Type: ComputeResource
DataCenter Object Type: Datacenter
Host Object Type: HostSystem
VirtualMachine Object Type: VirtualMachine
ChainId: 201

Could you help me to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vakho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

**NOTE*** I've found solution.. Before i've used Citrix (XENSERVER) and the scheme of virtualization there was bit different. So that's why i'm stuck on some easy steps.. Well, the problem was that i'm using 61GB HDD,  5,5 GB of Memory. When i've create VM i''ve used maximum size of HDD and didn't left any space for SWAP file. I've used 58 GB, and you've to assume + size of your memory it means, 58 GB + 5,5 GB..   So that's why i didn't had enough space. Hope someone will find it helpful. Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vakho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

**NOTE*** I've found solution.. Before i've used Citrix (XENSERVER) and the scheme of virtualization there was bit different. So that's why i'm stuck on some easy steps.. Well, the problem was that i'm using 61GB HDD,  5,5 GB of Memory. When i've create VM i''ve used maximum size of HDD and didn't left any space for SWAP file. I've used 58 GB, and you've to assume + size of your memory it means, 58 GB + 5,5 GB..   So that's why i didn't had enough space. Hope someone will find it helpful. Cheers,

0 Kudos