VMware Cloud Community
sabuhi
Contributor
Contributor

Failed - Unable to enumerate all disks.

Hi, guys.
Here is the situation what happened by history.
1-The vm stopped working because of low disk space on host.
2-Shutted down the vm.
3-Tried to move files to other storage.
4-Low disk space on second storage and moving files stopped with error.
5-Some *.vmdk files renamed automatically to *-flat.vmdk and *-sesparse.vmdk files.
=== Not sure about missing files. ===
6-Tried to move already moved files back to old storage. Error occured === cant access files. parent permission ===
7-Tried to download files to local computer. Renamed to normal *.vmdk and tried to map over vmware workstation to get windows files and folders from. Couldn't read the file.
8-Tried to repair *vmdk file with vmdk kernal repair tool. Error occured like === highly corrupted file ===.

Any possibility to recover the previous version of vm?
No backups. 🙊

Labels (1)
  • Hi

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You’ve created your post in a very unusual area of the forum considering the subject matter, which VMware product were you originally using to host the VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sabuhi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for kind reply. 
Could you please navigate me to the right url to ask for a help with existing situation. 
The host was running on ESXi-6.7 .

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I’ve now reported your thread so moderators should take a look at it and decide which is the correct area, you’ll know if it’s moved by checking the path just above your opening comment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sabuhi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Scott!
Kindly waiting for reply.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

That sounds scary and means that you try to evaluate the situation by looking at the Datastorebrowser !!!!
Please note:
as soon as VMs are misbehaving, or you are running out of free space - you must immediatly stop using the DatastoreBrowser.
Datastorebrowser does not display the content of a VM-directory correctly.
It illegally displays name.vmdk + name-flat.vmdk as if they were just a single file. It also displays the size of the vmdk-files incorrectly ....

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Please connect with WinSCP
show a screenshot of all files in the VMs directory.
Make sure that all names are completely displayed - may need to resize columns to acchieve that.

0 Kudos