VMware Cloud Community
savoy6
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

FC Storage across vSphere clusters is supported

Sanity question. Have read the vSphere storage document and I cannot finf anything that says I cannot have FC LUNS shared across vSphere clusters. I have 5 x 24 node clusters and I want the LUNS presented to all hosts in all clusters to ensure we have the ability to move resources if need be. The LUNS will be primarily used by the specific clusters, unless we need to move resources between clusters.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Miguel

Did you power down the VMs before the storage?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hey,

no issues with that, you can present the LUNs to multiple hosts.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Did you create datastore from them?
Check size after making datastore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
0 Kudos
savoy6
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have 5 x 5 node clusters. I want 3 FC LUNS presented to all 5 clusters and all hosts within that cluster. Technically. i can present all 3 LUNS to all hosts within all clusters.

My question is: are there any documented issues with provisioning in this manner? vSphere 5.1, XtremeIO,

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hey,

no issues with that, you can present the LUNs to multiple hosts.

Regards

0 Kudos
savoy6
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, I knew that and I read through the storage document from VMware, but one of the storage guys was positive sharing LUNs would cause data corruption mentioning Veritas clustering??? I know esx 4 used Legato agents for the HA agents...

Thanks for the sanity check,

cheers!

0 Kudos