VMware Cloud Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Etherchannel in ESX 4 issue.

We configured our Cisco 4948's switches with Etherchannels, and then I can't ping my VM's from vSphere host... Any suggestions?

our config

s3(config)#int port-channel1

s3(config-if)#description for NICs

s3(config-if)#int gi0/23

s3(config-if)#channel-group 1 mode on

s3(config-if)#int gi0/24

s3(config-if)#channel-group 1 mode on

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beyondvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What mode do you have the vSwitch set in under Load Balancing on the NIC Teaming Tab?

---

If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

www.beyondvm.com

--- If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! www.beyondvm.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
beyondvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What mode do you have the vSwitch set in under Load Balancing on the NIC Teaming Tab?

---

If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

www.beyondvm.com

--- If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! www.beyondvm.com
0 Kudos
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

load banlacing base on ip hash...

0 Kudos
beyondvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What does a show etherchannel display? Have you tried a shut/noshut on the etherchannel interface?

---

www.beyondvm.com

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
jwenzel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I agree with rohail2004. Edit your vSwitch, click on NIC teaming, change load balance to Route based on ip hash.

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What shows up when you run show etherchannel load-balance from you switch? Does it match what is on your virtual switch. You will need to set route based on IP hash. You will also need to add this to switch config for Route based on IP hash:

Port-channel load balance src-dst-ip (Enables IP load balancing)

0 Kudos