VMware Cloud Community
tornado20020
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi Crash After Turn On VMs

Hi

When i Turn on Vms with Hard > 2GB , My Esxi Crash.

but when Turn On Small VMs , ESXI Work Without any Problem

What Can I do?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maio312
Contributor
Contributor

make sure you have sufficient resources available to run ESXi, i am suspacting VMs cpu and memory is overcommited

nishant
0 Kudos
tornado20020
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I have enough spec on my server, before the first crash in yesterday my VMS been on without any problem

new information:

my server has 2 datastore, all problem in datastore 1

when I copy VMs from datastore 1 to datastore 2, VMS can run and turn on without any problem, I think datastore 1 going to read-only

0 Kudos
serveradminist2
Contributor
Contributor

no, please check space it sufficient for VM in data store.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

What is the exact VM settings? CPU, Memory ... Does it happen for the new VMs or existing ones?

Can you check if you start a VM without a vDisk and then add a VMDK to it in power-on mode, PSOD of ESXi will happen again or not?!

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
tornado20020
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply to my problem

it happens for existing VMs and new VMS.

4core CPU , 8GB Ram, Ubuntu 16.04LTS, 60GB HDD

I found all VMs on Esxis have a connection to datastore(that Connected with Fc San Switch Datastore) has Problem

1- Turn On VM

2- Vm Going to Boot

3- Vm boot (all process in ram)

4- try to access data(write) or log in or OS (autosave from Ram to Hard) Vm and ESXI Crash and PSOD Happen

when did this problem start?

I add a new ESXi server to shared lun in FC San. and add to vcenter, join to cluster. this is the start point of all problems, now in all ESXi(new or old) which datastore that Connected to That FC San, we have problem. I can't turn on vcenter(PSOD Happen), I can't do anything only make a copy from important VMs to Other Datastore and turn them on.

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

Is it all hosts or just the new host that PSOD? You will need to check the core dump, see the blog below that might help

How to Analyze Purple Screen of Death (PSOD) - VMWARE ADDICTED

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos