VMware Cloud Community
Ghost001D
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi 6.7u3 on Clevo W110ER.

i keep getting "no network adapters". i have tried making a customize ESXi image with the Realtek 8168 "net-r8168" and still nothing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Dude, it's a laptop. ESXi is designed for enterprise hardware, not this stuff. Get different hardware for crying out loud.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

I would be very very surprised if you could get ESXi to install on a Laptop.  the Realtek network card is a consumer level product and as such NOT supported by VMmware.  it is highly unlikley there would be a VIB for manual installation. 

ESXi is NOT Linux, so standard Linux drivers will not work.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Ghost001D
Contributor
Contributor

i got 5.5 running fine, network, sata and gpu.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

5.5 ≠ 6.7 and just because it managed to work on a now-ancient version doesn't mean it'll work today.

0 Kudos
Ghost001D
Contributor
Contributor

really? i don't know it was a laptop! thank you!

0 Kudos
Ghost001D
Contributor
Contributor

again thank you for stating the obvious! 5.5 was changed for 6.0 and up, but they still use the same drivers. all i have to do is downgrade the network and sata drivers of 6.7 to 5.5, why is that so hard?

0 Kudos