VMware Cloud Community
sfantom20
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi 6.5 crashe

good day

Installed esxi 6.5 on the computer.

At startup - a pink screen. (screenshots are attached)

What is the problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

Normally this problem happened when the ESXi was not found the correct driver for the devices or the HW is not compatible with ESXi version.

What is the HW where you try to install the ESXi?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
sfantom20
Contributor
Contributor

I am sending a screenshot

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A moderator should be along to move your thread to the ESXi area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Sorry @sfantom20, but from your image, I can't identify the CPU model and other information of your server.

Can you send me more information?

From what I see, I think it's a compatibility problem

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
sfantom20
Contributor
Contributor

i5 + 8Gb memory

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

I took a look at which network card is used on the motherboard in the photo you sent. From what I see it is a realtek Driver.

Have you created a custom ISO to install the ESXi? Because if I remember correctly the driver for that network card is not included in the installation.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Supported NICs are here: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=io

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos