VMware Cloud Community
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi 6.0 Build 2494585 Management Network Issues

Hi, need some urgent help here

I upgraded esx version 4.0 to esxi 6.0 Build 2494585 successfully without issues on a HP proliant hardware

Once the installation finished, I sued the same IP and vlan on the management interface but to my surprise it has stopped responding

No change was done from the switch end and I am now wondering what could be the issue. I am also unable to ping the gateway from the server itself

Has anyone seen this behavior on esxi 6.0 ? Any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
10 Replies
cjscol
Expert
Expert

If you go into the DCUI, Configure Management Network, Network Adapters do you have any network adapters selected?

Calvin Scoltock VCP 2.5, 3.5, 4, 5 & 6 VCAP5-DCD VCAP5-DCA http://pelicanohintsandtips.wordpress.com/blog LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cscoltock
0 Kudos
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, all the nics are connected and checked

I have also disabled the firewall on the host considering it might be the issue but for no luck

0 Kudos
aguerriero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this problem with migration from 5.1 to 5.5. VMWare stopped support of my version of Intel NIC. Their latest VIB for my NIC model didn't work. I had link light and the interface showed as up and working at both the switch and the ESXi hosts... but no packets were transmitted.

I used the older VIB from 5.1 and got it working. I then had to create a custom ISO where I removed the new 5.5 NIC VIB and added the old 5.1 NIC VIB.

You need to make sure that either the vendor is updating third party drivers or vmware is including them in updates, and that your current model of hardware is on the HCL.

0 Kudos
krish290785
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it something related to your VLAN config on the management network. Please double check from the DCUI.

-Bala Krishna Gali If the above info is useful, please mark answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
sammyxes
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using a HP ESXi image?

I've reinstalled a HP ESXi host about 4 or 5 times until I've discovered that it was a problem with the ISO image, I've used another version (this one was from HP too) and it worked flawlessly.

0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

We had a same issue,we found a workaround in vsphere 6 update1 build 3029758.Give out a try and hope it will be helpful.

0 Kudos
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

This particular model which I have does not appear on the HCL but it should at least work

I guess I will have to try some other HP ISO which people have mentioned on this thread. Thanks

0 Kudos
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, HP ISO from VMware

0 Kudos
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

I will give that a try mate

0 Kudos
SuperVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, can you please share the link to the iso you are mentioning ?

0 Kudos