VMware Cloud Community
F3st
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi 5 disconnected from vcenter

Hello,

on my datacenter i've four esxi 5.0, two day ago i tried to connect one datastore, but the procedure failed for a time out error. On the same time two esxi disconnecting from the vcenter and any attempts to reconnect failed with this error "Cannot contact the specified host.The host may not be available on the network, a network configuration problem may exist, or the management services on this host may not be responding."

On the vpxa.log of the esxi i've this message:

2012-04-06T12:07:56.455Z [FFFDDB90 warning 'Default'] [VpxaHalCnxHostagent] Could not resolve version for authenticating to host agent

2012-04-06T12:08:16.456Z [FFF59B90 verbose 'Default'] [VpxaHalCnxHostagent] Creating temporary connect spec: localhost:443

2012-04-06T12:08:16.457Z [FFF17B90 error 'HttpConnectionPool'] [ConnectComplete] Connect error Connection reset by peer

2012-04-06T12:08:16.458Z [FFF59B90 error 'Default'] [HttpUtil::ExecuteRequest] Error in sending request - Connection reset by peer

2012-04-06T12:08:16.458Z [FFF59B90 error 'Default'] [VpxaHalCnxHostagent] Failed to discover version: vim.fault.HttpFault

I've already checked the name resolution, the routing and the networking of all esx and vcenter and i haven't found any issue or difference beetwen the esx connected and disconnected.

I've also try to connect directly to the esx, but i've the same error.

The biggest issues are the vm on the esxi disconnected, still working but i can't move on other esx.

Any help?

Tnx

Fabrizio

0 Kudos
8 Replies
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

Try to restart management agent (details in vmware kb Restarting the Management agents on an ESX or ESXi Server)

It is not affected to working VM

0 Kudos
F3st
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i've already restart the management and isn't solve the problem!

Tnx!

0 Kudos
vGuy
Expert
Expert

Do you see any storage errors in the vmkernel logs?

Can you try to rescan the storage (esxcfg-rescan vmhbaX) then restart the mgmt services?

If you're still unable to connect the hosts, I suggest to reboot the hosts and try again...

let us know how it goes...

0 Kudos
helltejas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

try services.sh restart shell command on your esxi host..

if morethen 1 esx host having same problem then it might be vCenter services issue...then try to restart vCenter services.:smileymischief:

0 Kudos
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have a SSH connection to a disconnected host?

If yes, try to check host log for errors

0 Kudos
smithjr
Contributor
Contributor

up, anybody?

0 Kudos
helltejas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you have any snapshot problem previously ? or are you using VDR?

then

and rename vpxa.cfg to vpxa.cfg.old or some other file name.

It will work.

0 Kudos
smithjr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!, previously to the disconnect error i see snapshot errors in the task and events section. Im using ESXi 5.0.0

0 Kudos