VMware Cloud Community
be9ice
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi 5.1.0 installation on unsupported Lenovo T410

Hi,

I am a newbie just taking the vmware certification course. I was experimenting trying to install esxi 5.1 on a lenovo T410 directly on the hard drive following the documented steps. Everything installed well but I realised that I needed to have a physical LAN connection for the ip configuration to work.

I don't have access to a physical LAN connection so I decided to re-install thru a workstation instead.

Here's the problem:

I tried setting the boot order in the bio settings on my Lenovo to boot from dvd drive and re-install opensuse 12 back on my hard drive but the installed esxi keeps ignoring the boot order and loading esxi instead. So I have esxi permanently installed on my lenovo and I have no idea how to re-install another OS on the laptop.

I have tried to access the bio settings of esxi (to see if i could set the boot order to boot from the cd drive) by pressing the Function or Delete keys with no luck. However, it does boot from the DVD drive if I insert an esxi dvd image but ignores any other OS or bootable image.

How do I reclaim my laptop from this esxi hi-jack? I want my laptop back Smiley Sad. Help somebody please!!!

0 Kudos
0 Replies