VMware Cloud Community
NunoMarques
Contributor
Contributor

Error while uploading files for a new VM

Hello,

I'm newbie with ESXI.

I bought one HP Proliant Microserver GEN8 and installed EXSI 6.5 and tried to install XPENOLOGY in it. Everything went well, but after that installation (that meanwhile i deleted) i had a problem with creation of new VMs.

Each time i try to create a new ovf VM it gives me the error "Failed to deploy VM: postNFCData failed: IO error". Please look at the PrtScr below.

Meanwhile, after reading a lot of forum posts i upgraded the web host gui to version 17 to see if it was the problem... but kept the same.

Can anybody give me some clues for what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Nuno Marques

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Have you tried the ovftool command ?

ESXi 6.0 U2 - "Failed to deploy VM: postNFCData failed." - when importing a OVA template via ESXi Ho...

Also try with firefox and check if that works.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
NunoMarques
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sureshkumar,

Thanks for your quick response.

I was trying the ovftool (still reading to understand how it works... if you could help Smiley Happy!).

Allready working Firefox (first i thought it was a browser problem).

Best regards,

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Here is the article with sample commands, I've not personally tried on ESXi 6.x

Sample ovftool command syntax to export, deploy, and 1-step export and deploy packages in vCenter Se...

OVF Tool Documentation

Regards,
Suresh
0 Kudos
NunoMarques
Contributor
Contributor

Ok!

Tried ovftool and it seems to be working...

It gave me 2 warnings:

pastedImage_0.png

But when i went to ESXI web host gui the Vm was there!

Is there any way to solve the host gui problem? (to avoid using ovftool, despite it's advantages).

Regards,

Nuno

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

It says IO error, looks like network related. Please try from different machines and check it works out else you may contact vmware support to check the logs if the issue persists.

Regards,
Suresh
0 Kudos
NunoMarques
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks!

Regards,

Nuno

0 Kudos
Asteroza
Contributor
Contributor

I got burned by this as well after upgrading to ESXi 6.7 and the latest ESXUI from the fling page.

Dies at 99% suggesting some sort of finalizing work is going bad, rather than a direct network cause. Network related logs both on the host, the switch, and the SAN don't show abnormalities. This occurs on Chrome 67 and Firefox 60. Not seeing anything in other ESXi logs to suggest what's wrong.

This is with an OVF I have imported through ESXUI successfully under ESXi 6.5 so I am reasonably sure the OVF isn't bad.

Some sort of IO timeout error from a smaller timeout value somewhere perhaps?

0 Kudos