VMware Cloud Community
BAP201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error while installing ESXi 5 on Workstation 8

Hello Team,

I am Bijith. Recently I have completed my VCP training on vSphere 5. But when I try to set up a Lab at my personel pc using workstation 8,it gives VT is not enabled on your processor error. I have verified the same in my physical syustem BIOS and it was enabled. I have disabled it and re-enbled again. THen, powered off and powered on the same. But still the same error. I have checked BIOS settings on guest OS but unable to find any VT Settings on it.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit Operating System

Intel i3 Processor

I have allocated 2 Processor and 2 Core,50 GBB HDD, 2GB RAM to the ESXi.

Please help me!!

Thank You,

Bijith

Thank You, Bijith AP Network Administrator-MS Exchange 2003/2007 VCP 510 Certified Bangalore
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the VMware Communities forum.

You'll need to tweak the VM a bit to get VT passed through to the guest.

Workstation 8 / Player 4

Virtualized HV is available for virtual hardware version 8 VMs on hosts that support Intel VT-x and EPT or AMD-V and RVI. To enable virtualized HV, select VM->Settings and navigate to the processor settings screen. Check the box next to "Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI." You will see a warning that virtualized HV will make this VM incompatible with other VMware products. In particular, if this VM is moved to an ESXi 5.0 host, virtualized HV will not be available without additional tweaking.

For more information please see this document - http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8970.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the VMware Communities forum.

You'll need to tweak the VM a bit to get VT passed through to the guest.

Workstation 8 / Player 4

Virtualized HV is available for virtual hardware version 8 VMs on hosts that support Intel VT-x and EPT or AMD-V and RVI. To enable virtualized HV, select VM->Settings and navigate to the processor settings screen. Check the box next to "Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI." You will see a warning that virtualized HV will make this VM incompatible with other VMware products. In particular, if this VM is moved to an ESXi 5.0 host, virtualized HV will not be available without additional tweaking.

For more information please see this document - http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8970.

0 Kudos
BAP201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the information. I will try changing the settings on Workstation 8 for VT and will install ESXi on it. I will keep you updated.

Thank You,

Bijith

Thank You, Bijith AP Network Administrator-MS Exchange 2003/2007 VCP 510 Certified Bangalore
0 Kudos