VMware Cloud Community
dakiquang
Contributor
Contributor

Error when run OSX on ESXi infrastructure.

I tried to install OSX Mountain Lion 10.7 in ESXi infrastructure.

1. First, I downloaded the file Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 Retail.iso.I upload this file to the server.Then on ESXi infrastructure, create new virtual machine with: virtual machine version 8, the Guest Operating system is Apple Mac OS X 10.6.
In the Setting of Virtual Machine I select Device type is Datastore ISO file is Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 Retail.iso ( as image below)
2012-10-29_10h35_15.png
I then Power on the Virtual Machine, but nothing happens except that the standby screen apple appears.
2012-10-16_16h32_58.png
Is CD / DVD Drive Not Detected?
2. I was looking for another solution. Follow the instructions from link http://www.sysprobs.com/easily-run-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-retail-on-pc-with-vmware-image. I downloaded the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Retail VMware Image.
VMware Image file is for version VNWare Workstation. So, I use VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client to convert VNWare Workstation to VNWare Infastructure virtual machine.
It successfully. I have created one virtual machine OSX Mountain Lion.
But when you turn on the virtual machine, the CD / DVD and network not Detected. ( image below)
2012-10-29_15h52_15.png

2012-10-29_15h50_23.png

How to fix DVD drive and network in OSX virtual machine in VNWare Infastructure ?

Info: I use VNWare vSphere Client version  Build 455964 to manage VNWare Infastructure

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Are you running this on Apple Hardware? If not then it would explain this.

According to Apples EULA you are not allowed to run OSX on non-Apple hardware and VMware will not support it either.

If this on Apple hardware then please send log-files from the VM.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
dakiquang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

I runnning OSX on non-Apple hardware. So I can not run OSX on VNWare infrastructure with non-Apple hardware ?

Is there any other way ?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Since Apple does not allow this then there is no supported way.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos