VMware Cloud Community
jcstein
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error when installing ESXi600-201610001.zip

I am getting the following errors when I try to issue esxcli software vib update -d"..."

VIB VMware_bootbank_esx-base_6.0.0-2.46.4510822 requires vsan >= 6.0.0-2.46, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.

VIB VMware_bootbank_esx-base_6.0.0-2.46.4510822 requires vsan << 6.0.0-2.47, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.

Server is at Build 3380124. I've been unable to apply a patch since Build 3380124 while getting that same error.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vpradeep01
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please follow the steps listed in this KB 2144595

A. ESXCLI Software Command:

• To resolve this issue, run the following command:

First, run the esxcli software sources profile list -d <location_of_the_esxi_zip_bundle_on_the_datastore> command to query the list of available image profiles.

Run the esxcli software profile update -p < profile name> -d <location of ZIP file> command on the ESXi 6.0 Update 2 depot as shown in the following example:

[root@localhost:~] esxcli software profile update -p < profile name> -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.0-6.0_update02.zip

• To resolve the issue with updating esx-base VIB, run the following command:

Run the esxcli software vib install -n esx-base -n vsan -n vsanhealth -d <location of ZIP file> command on the ESXi 6.0 Update 2 depot as shown in the following example:

[root@localhost:~] esxcli software vib install -n esx-base -n vsan -n vsanhealth -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.0 6.0_update02.zip

View solution in original post

3 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

check current vsan vib version in your host using following command.

esxcli software vib list | grep vsan

post the result here please.

Are you suing this Zip file as is, or modifying it by adding or removing some VIBs?

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
vpradeep01
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please follow the steps listed in this KB 2144595

A. ESXCLI Software Command:

• To resolve this issue, run the following command:

First, run the esxcli software sources profile list -d <location_of_the_esxi_zip_bundle_on_the_datastore> command to query the list of available image profiles.

Run the esxcli software profile update -p < profile name> -d <location of ZIP file> command on the ESXi 6.0 Update 2 depot as shown in the following example:

[root@localhost:~] esxcli software profile update -p < profile name> -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.0-6.0_update02.zip

• To resolve the issue with updating esx-base VIB, run the following command:

Run the esxcli software vib install -n esx-base -n vsan -n vsanhealth -d <location of ZIP file> command on the ESXi 6.0 Update 2 depot as shown in the following example:

[root@localhost:~] esxcli software vib install -n esx-base -n vsan -n vsanhealth -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.0 6.0_update02.zip
jcstein
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it thanks. Not sure why I couldn't find that KB.

Guess I missed the update-from-esxi6.0-6.0_update02.zip at some point.

0 Kudos