VMware Cloud Community
Absolver
Contributor
Contributor

Error when attempting to access license

I've attempted to upgrade to ESXi 8.0 on a free license. However, it would seem that something went wrong somewhere, and the license information does not show on the download page where it should. I also can't access my old ESXi 5.5 license, so I am now a bit stuck. Is there some way to resolve this to get a free ESXi license for v8? 

5 Replies
a118123
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue too. I am installing a standalone ESXi host in this morning but have problem on finding free license

If ESXi8.0 license is not ready yet, It would be also okay to let us generate ESXi 7.0 free license.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the correct area for the product used, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Dave34
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I seem to be having the same issue too. I am installing a standalone ESXi host on a micro ho server  but have problem on finding free license

0 Kudos
peterf99
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update to this issue?  I have been retrying for at least a couple of weeks now but still get the error.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area of the Communities for ESXi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos