VMware Cloud Community
Sonu1981
Contributor
Contributor

Error no adapter found

Hi,

Below is hardware configuration i am having where I m installing vmware 6.0.

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 six-core processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

RAM: 16 GB

HDD: 1 TB.

Can anyone, please suggest how i can install vmware 6.0 on above hardware configuration.

Error:

=====

No network adapters  were detected. Either no network adapters are physically connected to the system, or a suitable driver could not be located. A third party driver may be required.

Ensure that there is at least one network adapter physically connected to the system before attempting installation. If the problem persists, consult the VMware Knowledge Base.

Regards,

Sonu Chauhan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JinuV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Download the custom iso from vmware site,like if you have hp server,download hp custom cd from the vmware site

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please check your server and network card type and ensure both are compatible with ESXi 6. The following HCL will help you to check the compatibility.

VMware Compatibility Guide: System Search

0 Kudos
JarryG
Expert
Expert

Lan-adapter on your mobo is part of chipset, which is apparently not supported. So you have to look for 3rd party driver and inject it into ESXi installation image.

But honestly, I think it is not worth the effort. AMD-760G is one of the worst chipsets, and especially SB710 southbridge is known for its problems with sata, usb, hpet, frequently freezing/reseting peripherials, etc. Both Windows and Linux needs heavy patching/tweaking to make this beast work (at least "somehow"), and you can not expect that level of support from VMware. If you want to be spared from much headaches, get different mobo...

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
0 Kudos