VMware Cloud Community
Slingsh0t
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error deploying OVF Template

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of building a small cluster that will be available for a client to deploy their own VM's in.  My aim is to give them access to the vSphere Client however this access should be very limited as in they should not be able to see any underlying infrastructure.

I'm almost at a point where everything is just as I need it to be, however!! Deploying an OVF template does not work?!

Basically:

When logged into the vsphere client with a client account, no hosts are visible. Only 1 resource pool for the client to deploy VM's and VA's.  Deploying VM's works fine.  But any time I try to deploy an OVF from template, it fails at the point where I need to select a cluster or host.

If I give ANY privilege to a host object so that it becomes visible in the vsphere client, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else had issues depoying an OVF?

P.S: I can give the user role full privileges at a resource pool level and still have the error message come up on an OVF... but VM's are fine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

maybe the below KB article will help

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030895

0 Kudos
Slingsh0t
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response, but the symptoms mentioned in the KB don't match what I'm seeing.  I'm having no issues with host connectivity, in fact I see the same OVF deployment issue when trying to perform the import action on the vcenter server directly.

Regardless, I've ssh'd into the hosts to find that <ACEDataPropagate>true</ACEDataPropagate> already exists in the auth xml file.

Thanks for the help anyways!

0 Kudos