VMware Cloud Community
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Error creating dvswitch

When I try to create a dvswitch I get the error "The type initializer for 'xr' threw an exception. All I am doing is going to Home -> Inventory -> Networking. Right-clicking the datacenter and selecting new vNetwork Distributed Switch.

I have had this on 2 different clusters connected to 2 different vCenters. Both latest builds (vSPhere 4-U1a)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

to me, it sounds more of an error related to the client and where it is being launched and run from. What OS are you running the client on and what build is the client?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Enterprise Plus licensing, correct?

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Still in eval mode, Licensed features however shows Disitrbuted Virtual Switch is included

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

to me, it sounds more of an error related to the client and where it is being launched and run from. What OS are you running the client on and what build is the client?

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Client is being launched from vcenter and is the same version as the vCetner - downloaded and installed yesterday. OS is W2K8 - but I also saw it on another cluster being managed by another vcenter (Same version) but on Windows 2003

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was a client issue. I upgraded vcenter with the latest vSphere client and it works fine now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Priergaard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

This is because of "Microsoft Visual J # 2.0 Redistributable Package - SE" is not installed.

Best regards

Henrik Priergaard

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I encountered the same problem and installing 'Microsoft Visual J # 2.0 Redistributable Package - SE' fixed it.

for 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E9D87F37-2ADC-4C32-95B3-B5E3A21BAB2C&displa...

for 64-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=42C46554-5313-4348-BF81-9BB133518945&displa...

Thanks.

0 Kudos