VMware Cloud Community
emerson2703
Contributor
Contributor

Error connecting to VMware ESXi

Good afternoon, I downloaded the VMware ESXi did the normal installation, so far so good, I downloaded the VMware vSphere client, did the installation, but when asked to connect User and password and put the User asenha in which I connect to the server, but the the message that the User and password is incorrect, what can I do, I've already changed the password several times, and reistalei the server but nothing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

are you able to connect using user root along with the password you set on the ESXi host?

André

0 Kudos
emerson2703
Contributor
Contributor

I connect directly to the server, but VMware vSphere client, in which I try to install conectarpara virtual machines, or via the web also do not connect.  the question to install virtual machines on the ESXi server, I  need vSphere client?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If you ran a plain CD installation of ESXi, you will be presented the DCUI console on the server, showing an IP address (usually one from your DHCP server). The only user on the host is root with a blank password. What happens when you use the vSphere Client to connect to this IP address using the root user?

André

0 Kudos
emerson2703
Contributor
Contributor

The message that appears and password that I am making is equal to the server, and already did change the password and nothing. cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

...and password that I am making is equal to the serve

To which server?

Did you configure a password for the "root" user on the newly installed ESXi host?

If not use "root" as the user and a blank password to connect to the ESXi host.

André

0 Kudos
emerson2703
Contributor
Contributor

installation is configured in the root password, but does not connect via client

0 Kudos