VMware Cloud Community
venkatesh710
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enabling software iscsi initiator

Hi All

Currently i am working on Iscsi environment with Esx4.1. Here i need two icsi initiators .. already i have one software iscsi Adapter named as vmhba37 and has an iqa. is it possible to create one more software iqa (one more initiator port) ?

Thanks in advance.

--Venkat

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No - your can only have one software iSCSI initiator - only one instance can run in the vmkernel

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_iscsi_san_cfg.pdf

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
venkatesh710
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks yar

venkat

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please assign points if the information was helpful or correct. Mark check box in stars.

Thank you

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

What were you looking to accomplish with the second initiator? If you're looking to have better performance/load balancing, there are was to get it even with the software initiator.

0 Kudos