VMware Cloud Community
faziz
Contributor
Contributor

Edit setting VM Error

I have multiple esxi joined to vcenter, when i am trying to increase HD from vcenter of VM it show to me following error, also i tried to add new disk even show me same error, could you please help me what could be the issue 

Edit Settings failed!

object is not an instance of declaring class

0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see whether https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67212 applies to your situation.

André

0 Kudos
faziz
Contributor
Contributor

it is not same error, what in KB the error is "object is not an instance of declaring class and java.lang.ClassCastException@17f42f3", but what I am facing is "Edit Settings failed! object is not an instance of declaring class"

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

First things first ...
Have you removed all snapshots - when Snapshotmanager says there are snapshots ?
Have you removed all snapshots - when Snapshotmanager says there no snapshots ?
How often have you restarted your browser ?
Have you tried a different browser ?

0 Kudos
faziz
Contributor
Contributor

There is no snapshot on VM, I tried different browsers, however I changed via esxi and it works, but i would like to know from where coming this issue is it on vcenter level or browser level..etc

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I have not seen a single case when a newly edited VM would display 100% correct settings after adding, or removing or reconnecting or resizing a virtual disk.
After the first start with the new config I expect the webinterface to display correctly  - but not before ...
This is not the Windows vSphere-client anymore ...

Ulli

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you extend the disk via Powershell? When is the last time you reboot your VCSA?

0 Kudos
faziz
Contributor
Contributor

I already changed via esxi directly, and it works

0 Kudos
anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great Info to leran.

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried to reboot your vcsa appliance?

0 Kudos