VMware Cloud Community
OuttaCyTE
Contributor
Contributor

Edit button grey on "Virtual Machine Starup and Shutdown"

Hi, I have recenlty upgraded my ESXi 3.5 system to ESXi 4.0u1 and have installed the vSphere Client.

I have navigated to the Host:Configuration:Virtual Machine Startup/Shutdown:Properties and have the window open.

I have the checkbox immediately under System Settings Checked (Allow virtual machines to start and stop automatically with the system)

Under Startup Order I have three Sections in bold: "Automatic Startup", "Any Order", and "Manual Startup". All of my guests are in "Manual Startup".

I can move the guests up and down in the "Manual Starup" list, but I am unable to move them from there to "Automatic Startup". I am unable to click the edit button because it is grey.

I am the administrator.

What bone-head thing am I doing wrong?

-greg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OuttaCyTE
Contributor
Contributor

Geeze,

No sooner than I post the message and try the "Move Up" again, than this time it actually moves up.

OK. The only thing I had done was restarted the vSphere client after I checked the "Allow virtual machines to start and stop automatically with the system".

So, I guess that's it. Just Murphy goofing with me and making me look the fool....

-greg

0 Kudos
OuttaCyTE
Contributor
Contributor

Cleaning up things.

This was still "open" because there were no responses. Just me looking the fool.

How do I close or get rid of this one?

Thanks,

-g

0 Kudos